I know the title is a click bait, however, this bug is so bad that it practically ruins any development work.I created a small screencast below to demonstrate how bad it is. Here is the bug description.
I develop my XPage merrily, then I preview it in a browser. I change something on the XPage, I build the Xpage, then try to preview in a browser -> No changes. I clean the project -> Refresh page in browser. No change. The only way to see the code change in the browser if I restart my http task. That’s unbelievably annoying. I have to include meaningless comments in my development workflow, like “123” and every time I change the code, I have to change this comment to something else “456” to check whether the XPage I am seeing in the browser is the current one or a previous version. Here is the short screencast: